Oh so special and more than enough for two people!
The steak is similar in appearance to a Tomahawk axe, thus the name (but it is also known as a cote de boeuf), with the bone extending from the centre of the cut. Coming French trimmed** to enhance presentation, the Tomahawk are essentially well marbled rib eye steak being on the bone creates maximum flavour.
Approximate weight per steak 1.2kg.
How to cook this centre piece:
- Take tomahawk steak out of packaging, pat dry and bring to room temperature.
- Pre heat your heavy frying pan or griddle until it sizzles with oil.
- Season the meat just prior to cooking and place the steak on the fat to render it, before searing on the flat sides.
- Cook on a high heat to create a golden crust, turning the steak only once after the crust has formed.
- Reduce heat to medium after crust has formed on both sides.
- For medium rare, cook on the medium heat for around 9 minutes on one side then around 7 minutes or over cook in a pre heated oven at 215 degrees (after searing) for around 12 to 15 minutes.
- Rest for at least 10 minutes before carving
** French trimming is a decorative preparation method so that a bone protrudes. Fat, meat and excess skin is cut away to expose the bone and it also means that any unnecessary fat is removed.
What our customers are saying ...
"My son has rated this as 12 stars and his grandad said it's the tastiest steak he's ever had. AMAZING!! Thank you" - Kellie H
All photographs for inspiration only!
Thus is by far the tastiest piece of beef I have ever eaten. Was originally skeptical because in my mind it was "just a big steak". But I can happily hold my hands up and say how wrong I was this behemoth slab of meat is so tender and juicy and I recommend anyone to buy this!
Great service from start to finish!
Oh my, what to say. This was the best steak, cooked per the pan then oven instructions and well rested. So tasty, so tender, absolutely wonderful, we even licked the oven dish.
Expensive but well worth it.